Friday, January 21, 2011

Wrapping Up Week 3

80's Toys and Television

Did you know that My Little Pony has been remade at least 3 times in the past 4 years?  It's killing me!  Every time we pass by them at Target they have a new shape, new style, etc and Pookie must have the newest one.  They even have their own tv show now on 'The Hub' (channel 121) which we DVR so that Pookie can watch it when we let her watch tv.  Oh - and Strawberry Shortcake is on that channel too... which Pookie also loves!  Oh, and hey - Grandma - do NOT buy her the new ponies - we bought them yesterday (I'm so weak!).

Groceries
Well today I made progress... it's raining here and Pookie wanted to stay in her jammies so we are going really slow today!  I typed up a list, based on my Amazon Fresh purchases, that puts the prices next to the things I buy all the time.  Then I'm going to go through the ads from Safeway, QFC, and Metropolitan Market to see who has the best prices!  Yea me!  I know you can pay to subscribe to a service that does this for you so we will see how much doing this benefits my sense of purpose before I cave in and pay for the service.  


Going Outside
Our outdoor adventure today will be walking to the car and around QFC as we go get the things I need to complete the meals for this week.  I'm counting on sunshine on Monday and also on J-man to get me and the child outside this weekend.


Home School
Yesterday during my $200 trip to Target (yikes) I bought 4 new workbooks for Pre-K.  These things rock!  Pookie liked doing them and even asked about them this morning when she got up.  We are going to put in 30 minutes each morning and 30 minutes in the evening working on workbook pages.  Some of it is way too easy for her (the mazes aren't really mazes - what's up with that?) but some of the letter tracing and such is new to her - yippee!  Thanks for the idea Jennie, your 'lesson plan' idea that you use during summer made me recall the 'packets' that my Mom would make for me and my younger sister during the summers.  I would crank through those packets since I knew the Friday one had a special treat in it!  I'm thinking about buying some packets and making them up on the weekend so that we know which pages and skills we are focusing on each week.  Thank goodness our printer is also a copier so we can do the same workbook sheets over a few times!

Upcoming Week 4
I'll say it again and maybe next week I'll stick to it... going outside.  Must... go... outside... with... small... child! 

No comments:

Post a Comment