Germs
Sigh - we've got germs. Big nasty ugly ones! Pookie had a little runny nose about 2 weeks ago that developed into a little cough. I took her in and the doctor said she was fine but then heard me cough during the exam and said that I sounded worse than my daughter. Later the same day my doctor told me I had a 'mild' case of bronchitis. Of course I proceeded to get much worse over the next week (all during the visit from Grandma - darn it) but now I am hopefully on the road to recovery. Today is purify the house day. I heart clorox wipes and lysol spray.
The Hub
Oh television you are like crack to a small child obsessed with ponies and dolls. For those of you without an almost 4 year old there is a new channel (since October 2010 apparently) called The Hub. My daughter asks me almost daily, "Mom, can I watch The Hub?" to which I reply, "Sure, but just two shows and you have to watch the commercials as I am going to get on the computer." AHHHH - poor parenting is making an appearance and it's called The Hub!! Of course you know she is watching it right now while I type this - sigh.
Laundry
Why is it that when I worked it felt like we did laundry in a huge batch on Sunday night while watching television... but now that I'm home I do a load almost every day PLUS a huge load on the weekend? Maybe I make more laundry by being home but how is that possible? Mystery of the week...
Play Dates
Wow, so I scheduled three different play dates (I use the word loosely since only one involved a child of the same age as Pookie) and then had to cancel everything since I was so sick. Go figure! Trying to get something going for tomorrow with a friend who is also recovering from a cough/sickness so we don't think the kids would get sick if they played together. Hopefully next week I can get over to Bainbridge to visit some of the Real Housewives of Kitsap County (oh yes, you know who you are ladies!).
No comments:
Post a Comment