Week 5 - Mid Way Point
Wow, Pookie is having major separation anxiety this week. The past few weeks I figured that she didn't want to go to her daycare/school because she figured I was going to work but now it's getting a little crazy. She absolutely wants to be in the same room with me every minute of the day. Seriously, I tell her that I'm going to use the restroom and she gets a look of panic on her face and runs to the restroom so that she is with me the whole time. We talk every day that we are going to stay together and that I'm not going to work anymore but she still doesn't believe it I think. Off to google some research on this topic!
Coupons
I love coupons. I've been reading the ads and clipping coupons like crazy. In fact I now have a little spreadsheet going so that I can track the prices on the things I buy all the time. It's really interesting that places like costco, target, and safeway run ads on things like big packs of paper towels but they are all different quantities so you can't quickly run a price compare. You really have to try and break it down into price per unit to get a true comparison. I've got a few websites to research on being a true coupon queen!
Play Dates
Sigh. This play date thing is harder than I thought. I'm not a very spontaneous person so picking up the phone and trying to get something put together is hard! I wish there was a standing play date that we could go to each week... oh wait... that is called taking a class! Well, maybe I need to enroll Pookie into the gymnastics class - that would be something fun for us to do.
Receipt Jar
We tallied up the receipt jar and it wasn't that bad. I'm still over budget, of course, but at least I can see where the money went. J-man was really nice about it and pointed out the areas where we need to watch our money. So far I have high hopes for February!
Love the new look! I love coupons, too. Half the time I get home and find out I forgot to use them. Or I leave them at home... with my grocery list. Grrr.
ReplyDelete