Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hawaii and the Living Room

Hawaii 2011
Wow, we had a great family vacation in Wailea (Maui) last week.  My side of the family, without my SIL and brother, went on this one so there were 9 of us total.  It was wonderful to hang at the pool, frolic at the beach, and eat some great food.  Special thanks to my cool hubby for doing the sunrise bike ride with our teenage nieces - nobody wants to get up at 2:00am but he did!!  An extra special thank you to the MacCulloch family for allowing us to use their condo - it's soooooo nice and it was fantastic to have all of us in one home.

Living Room Makeover
I won a contest for a living room makeover and they did it while we were in Hawaii last week.  The living room looks great - check out the pics - and we were surprised that they also decorated the dining room and entry way!  We paid the painter to paint the dining room and entry way but I didn't expect the interior designer to decorate them.  Huge props to Authentic Home and Fine Construction for the excellent work that they did.

https://picasaweb.google.com/katherine.e.hamilton/LivingRoomMakeover2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCI6RitPErtrxsgE&feat=directlink

Jet Lag
So you can't really have jet lag from Hawaii to Seattle but I swear that Pookie (who is 4) is having time zone issues now.  It was a three hour time difference so we were going to bed REALLY early in Hawaii and getting up at the crack of dawn to 'try' and stay on Seattle time as best we could.  Now Pookie is getting really cranky around lunch time here and tomorrow I have to wake her up early as the interior design lady is coming to take a photo of us for her blog.  Pookie and I are not morning people so it should be an exciting Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment